Tell people the many ways they can get involved in their church, and give generously of their time and talents.
Start with a statement. Short, clear, concise. Here are some alternative statements:
And here are some other ways you can encourage people to be generous with their time and talents. This one is taken from Ephesians:
He handed out gifts of apostle, prophet, evangelist, and pastor-teacher to train Christ’s followers in skilled servant work, working within Christ’s body, the church, until we’re all moving rhythmically and easily with each other, efficient and graceful in response to God’s Son, fully mature adults, fully developed within and without, fully alive like Christ. Ephesians 4: 11-13
God blesses us all with different abilities. What are yours?
Being generous with your time and talents will make a big difference to the life of St. Someone’s. If you want to know how your unique gifts can contribute to this church, click the links below.
(Each must be hyperlinked to a fuller explanation that you write, or to a ready made page from the C of E, where appropriate)
- Do you feel you have a specific lay and ordained vocation? Who could be called and to what? Click here.
- becoming a Lay Reader
- becoming an APA
- joining the PCC, with an explanation of what the PCC is and does
- becoming a verger, sidesperson, welcomer, refreshments maker etc
- participating in music- joining the choir/ band/ playing the piano/organ
- hosting Home Groups
- supporting Messy Church, children”s ministry, youth ministry
- visiting the sick or prisoners
- running social media accounts or helping with the website
- the list is endless…